coup - quotes and descriptions to inspire creative writing
So much of the coup is about the pen, creating an alternate reality for those it traps in flattering lies.
How would you know if you were in a pen of alternative "facts," lost in a fiction without tether to truth?
1. Dis-regulate the media and create a large group of fanatical loyalists with a set of "alternative facts," aka - lies.
2. Call into question the results of legitimate elections.
3. Replace top defence and military personnel with loyalists.
4. Refuse transition of power and use military might to squash rebellions.
5. Gain further control of all media and television to install the new mindset of "alternative facts" in the entire population. Brand resistors as terrorists and zealots.
6. Kill your opposition where necessary.
Democracy deleted, the sacrifice of war dead whom fought for freedom dishonoured, for this is the military coup commanded by the pen.
A pen is for chickens, a coup is for the morally bankrupt, the poet instead has their corner where all are free to listen as much as they wish, always free to take their leave.